Monday, October 5, 2009

Rajma with basmati rice



 My kids really love rajma with basmati rice. My son used to call it rajjamma. 
Cooking rajma my way takes only a few minutes. I make this dish when I want the prep time to be minimum.
I use canned rajma and canned diced tomato and also I do not use elaborate masalas for this dish.

Ingredients:

2 cans red kidney beans or one large can
1 can diced tomato
1 medium onion
2 sticks cinnamon
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp olive oil
coriander leaves few
Salt 1 tsp or to taste

Method:
1.Heat the oil  in a pan and warm cinnamon and jeera.finely dice onion and saute till translucent.
2.Pour the diced tomato into the pan. Let the tomato cook and lose its raw flavor.
3.Add the masala and chilli powder and salt. Pour the rajma into this mixture and bring to boil .With the back of your ladle or stirrer crush some of the beans. Let this cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.Add coriander leaves and serve over hot cooked basmati rice.

This recipe is not only simple, tastes delicious and more importantly kids love it.
I would like to send this to Kid's delight event by Srivalli at Spice your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment